What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No more Tempo

philcam

Well Known Member
I'm tired of Tempo self etching primer. I spent most of my day trying to prime. I tried several cans I had and everytime the nozzel would clog.

Ok, had to vent. All better now! :)

Phil,

Dump the Tempo, get yourself Sherwin Williams 988 SE grey primer if you're going to use the cans, or the NAPA knock off which I hear is just as good cept cheaper...I bought a case halfway through and didn't need more or I would have tried the NAPA. Once it has a chance to cure it's pretty durable.
But like all solvent/enamel based primers, it is not intended as finish coat which means it is not totally immune to absorbtion of moisture, I never saw mine puddling up with water though:p

These types of primers can't hold a candle to the two part epoxys like AKZO, but if your using cans, which I did, they seem pretty darn good.

I started using Krylon "tough coat" green corrosion inhibiting primer at the recommendation of the area specialty shop. (Space Age).

I went in a while back for some more but they were out so I tried the Tempo, and hated it.

The Krylon applies easier and looks better with one coat than the Tempo does with two. It also dries faster, smells better, and is about three dollars a can cheaper.

After two cans of Tempo I took the rest of the case back and exchanged it for the Krylon.

The Krylon is product number 00344 and meets MIL spec TIP-1757

Michael,

Thanks! I have used the PTI in the past and been happy with it.

Rick,

I'm going to look at the SW product. I'd like to try it also.

Thanks again,
Phil

Clogg Nozzles

You probably already know this, but remember to turn the can upside down and spray it after you are done. This will clear the nozzle and should prevent clogs.

Back