What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another Oshkosh 2008 trip report for those who didnt get enough of it this year.

rvator51

Well Known Member
Tom, Katie (RV4chick) and Marks trip to Oshkosh 2008

osh08023.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much, if it wasn't so late I would go out and pound a few more rivets. This is the whole reason I'm building my RV-9A. My wife of 39 years and I are ready to do some traveling.

Nice write up! Lots of pics!

I'll pass the kind words about York, NE and their BBQ onto the EAA Chapter 80 guys. They are the best! (Don't tell them I said that!)

Thanks

Thanks for an excellent write up and highlighting the Garmin 496 XM Weather. I am definitely going to have that in mine, as it is a great weather tool to avoid the bad stuff out there. I have to ask, what did you do with your camping gear when you left? Thanks again, blue skies

Tim Fitzpatrick
LCDR (Ret)
RV-8A
Fabricating the wings (FAA speak)
N308TF (Reserved)

Hi Tim,

The XM weather really makes a difference to our flying cross country.
When we were coming back, we were planning on landing in Dalhart TX, but the winds were gusting to 40 kts crosswind. We used the XM weather to look at the metars for the surrounding airports and ended up landing at Guymon, OK where winds were 7 kts almost straight down the runway.

Camping gear gets donated to EAA as we have no room to bring it back.

Thanks for an excellent write up and highlighting the Garmin 496 XM Weather. I am definitely going to have that in mine, as it is a great weather tool to avoid the bad stuff out there. I have to ask, what did you do with your camping gear when you left? Thanks again, blue skies

Tim Fitzpatrick
LCDR (Ret)
RV-8A
Fabricating the wings (FAA speak)
N308TF (Reserved)

Back