What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wing tip closeout

steve wyman

Well Known Member
This question is for those guys who have already finished their wings. On page 17-06, after you bend the tabs on the wing tip closeout, do the tabs fit inside the tip skins,W-1204C and W-1204A-L, or outside of them? Steve

This question is for those guys who have already finished their wings. On page 17-06, after you bend the tabs on the wing tip closeout, do the tabs fit inside the tip skins,W-1204C and W-1204A-L, or outside of them? Steve

Inside Steve. Helps to cleco the piece that angles down the spar first...to hold it all in place. Should look real smooth when all clecoed up.

Pete

Thanks Pete- I finished bending the tabs this morning, and when I held it in place, the answer to my question became pretty obvious. The fit of all these parts is nothing short of amazing! Steve

steve,

when you do your prefab pieces for the flaperons...do not assume you are looking at templates....the ones in the plans are very close but not exact enough. Measure your own. When you finally drill them into the spar you will see what I mean...the holes are very close to edges as is...any shorter and you have messed up the spar. The actuator piece then of course takes on all of the pressure for moving the flaperons....not someting you want to come loose.

Of course i looked at mine and said, "cool...they put in templates!....thank god I drilled my little rib holes first and then said, "uh oh!"

Just my two cents. Hope you are enjoying as much as I am. Look foward to discussing Rotax with you when I get mine.

Pete

Back