What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Still Searching the Midwest

Hwood

Well Known Member
On the advice of a fellow RVer, I'm expanding the search for some support.

This is the deal.....around the first week of September there is going to be a reunion in Indianapolis for some WWII P-51 fighter pilots. I don't have much information right now, but have been contacted to participate in a dinner they are having.

My thoughts are.....see if some of these guys might be interested in getting a ride in some RV's (preferably -8's) and doing some formation work with them. Not really being sure of their interest or proposed schedule, I am trying to determine the amount of available support before presenting the idea to them.

If there is enough support and interest from both parties, thought maybe we could meet somewhere for breakfast this Saturday to brainstorm some ideas. Right now I was thinking of hosting the affair at KLAF, but flexible.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you would be interested in supporting this.

Hwood

I would be happy to work with you however possible, perhaps the only potential fly in the ointment would be our Airport Awareness Day on Sept 6. OVO is at North Vernon, about 65 driving miles SE of Indy and a very nice facility. I might be able to provide transportation, etc if you are flying in. We could talk about that. We are pretty close to Ohio and there is a formation team there. I am quite interested in the WWII meeting (haven't heard of it) as I am writing a book about the end of the war in Europe. PM me your phone number if you want to talk.

Bob Kelly

Back