What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 ride

rwayne

Well Known Member
Is there anyone near southeast Georgia with an RV10 that wouldn't mind giving me a ride? (on me, of course.)
--so I can see how they fly. I'm thinking of selling my RV8A and moving up to a -10. With kids in college I now need to carry 4 people and be able to fly IFR regularly. The 8A is fast and IFR capable, but only a 2 seater and mighty bumpy with the light wing loading. I'm also toying with getting an SR22 instead. Thoughts?

[email protected]

Last edited:
Is there anyone near southeast Georgia with an RV10 that wouldn't mind giving me a ride? (on me, of course.)
--so I can see how they fly. I'm thinking of selling my RV8A and moving up to a -10. With kids in college I now need to carry 4 people and be able to fly IFR regularly. The 8A is fast and IFR capable, but only a 2 seater and mighty bumpy with the light wing loading. I'm also toying with getting an SR22 instead. Thoughts?

[email protected]

Maybe in a month or two when mine is flying!

rv10

In a couple of weeks our RV10 should have the hours flown off--come on down to 18FD in Florida (near Crestview--KCEW). Full IFR all glass, 90 gal fuel, and same speed as your 8. We sold our 7 as it was too small. (great airplane however) 10 is very comfortable and almost as agile as our 7. We looked very seriously at Cirrus but glad we went to 10. http://www.vansairforce.com/community/images/icons/icon7.gif Larry B.

Thanks!

Todd; let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'm up in Vidalia. Please email me (or whatever is easier) so we can get together. I'd definitely like to see your bird.

So, Larry, you thinking maybe another weekend on those hours? Just kidding. My RV8A is down while I wait on the nosegear to get trimmed. Timing may work out. I'd really like the chance to just discuss "stuff", too.
Thanks, guys!

Wayne Williams
RV8A N99767
Vidalia, GA

Last edited:
I am a snow bird that travels between Minnesota and Conyers GA. We should be down there after labor day. If you havn't found a ride before then let me know and I will make it happen.

Gary Specketer
[email protected]
770-403-3450

Ride

Thanks. I'll save your info. It would be a good reason to show off Vidaila and buy an RVer dinner-- or lunch if you're in a hurry.

Wayne-I will be working on my plane this Sunday and generally work on it on Saturdays. Give me a call at 897-9093.

Back