What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just Moved to San Antonio...

idleup

Well Known Member
I just moved to San Antonio and was wondering if anyone is building an RV? I am currently building an RV-7A and would like to make some connections...

- Matt

1TE4 has a few

I just moved to San Antonio and was wondering if anyone is building an RV? I am currently building an RV-7A and would like to make some connections...

- Matt

I'm rebuilding my 7A as a 7 out at Zuehl airport (1TE4). In the hangar with me are two other RV's (one complete, one in progress). There are a couple of other builders on the field that I know of. Lots of other experimentals there as well.

Welcome to San Antonio!

Hi Matt,

Welcome to SAT!

We have several RVs under construction or based at Bulverde Airpark (1T8), several at San Geronimo Airpark, and at least two more (in the same hangar) under construction at Kestrel (1T7). These fields are also the base for flying RVs to include my RV9a at Bulverde. Stop by some time--I am in hangar 36.

Additionally, you could come by Luby's Cafeteria (1604 and Blanco Rd) any Wed. at noon--an informal RV builders group has lunch there every Wed. We typically gather in the entry until noon, at which time the chow hounds push us into the serving line.

Again, welcome to SAT.

I've been wondering where the RVer's were meeting in San Antonio. I'll have to come by Luby's one of these Wednesdays.

Thanks, Matt!

Last edited:
Dave,

Is it at 1604 and Bandera? I didnt see a Luby's at Blanco... I was thinking of coming tomorrow...

- Matt

Nevermind, I think I found it. I didnt realize Blanco was so far away, I thought it was on the west side of town...

Are people meeting there tomorrow?

- Matt

Blanco

Matt,

Welcome to my home town!

Yes, there are several builders around. I'm now about 4 hours south of San Antonio.

Blanco road starts almost in downtown, and runs all the way north past Camp Bullis and ends near the town of Berghiem.

The Luby's your looking for is at 1604 and Blanco. It is on the northeast corner of the intersection. There is a Jims and an HEB in the southwest corner.

I didn't know there was a RV group lunch meet there on Wednesdays. Maybe next time I'm in town.

What part of SA are you living in? Call me if you need directions. I sent you a PM.

Phil

Hi Matt,

Yes, several of us will be at Luby's today--Wed. We gather in the entry area around 11:50. I look forward to meeting you this time or another.

Cheers,

db

Phil,

We just moved here and are in a rental off 1604 and Potranco. We are having a house built on Culebra about 6 miles west of 1604 in Windgate Ranch (Benchmark Homes). It is one street away from San Geronimo airpark on the other side of the street. My flying plane (Grumman) is still in California and I am not sure if I am going to relocate it or sell it there.

I found the Luby's on Google maps. I will try to go today. Hopefully I will recognize who is part of the group...

- Matt

Back