What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh Lodging/ Camping/ Trip Layover

glfrdug

Well Known Member
After talking with Doug Reeves a while back about my resorts location in relationship to Oshkosh and possible attendees I thought it may be worth posting this...

I run a 36 hole Golf resort in Manistee, MI, which is due east of Oshkosh on the shorline of Lake Michigan. We have a very nice 42 room Hotel on site.
When I have flown into Oshkosh the last 3 years in my RV8, I have been on the ground parked and out of my plane in 45 minutes. This is flying across the big lake between Big Suable Point (10 miles south of me) and Menomenee, WI and heading south around Fondulac and the Ripon entry.
This is also leaving here(Eastern time) at 7:15 am and arriving as soon as the field opens at 7am Central time.

Manistee Blacker Airport is a very nice field with tie downs and fuel available and we can provide transportation to and from the field from our Hotel.

So, If anyone flying to Oshkosh would like to have a stop over location we might be a perfect fit.

If anyone is interested in staying with us during Oshkosh and flying over in the morning and back over here after the airshow... it is a short enjoyable flight. Think of it....you could leave a cool comfortable room with courtesy transportation to your plane here....fly over to Osh and be drinking coffee and eating donuts at the Warbird Cafe by 8:30 am as the campers are just heading to the showers....enjoy the hot day and show, then fly again and be back at the Resort enjoying the outdoor or indoor hot tubs and pools or get a late emergency 9 holes in before it gets dark here at 10pm eastern time. And then you could do it again as many days as you would like. We also have a great bar in the Hotel and a Grille in our Clubhouse. If any co-pilots want to stay behind one day and chill at the pool all day...not bad either.

So here is the link to our resort www.manisteenational.com

Here is the Airnav Link to Manistee Blacker Airport http://www.airnav.com/airport/KMBL

We have very good availability every day of the week except for Tuesday night. Our rates are reasonable to start with and any RV'ers or flyers for that matter will get a better deal.

Personally I am planning to fly over Tuesday or Wed morning for a few days...
Call me if this sounds like it may work as an option for any of you either staying during the show or as a stopover so you can go in early in the morning and I can answer any questions for you and get you some pricing.

I have cleared this post with Doug Reeves. You will see some more golf information from Doug or myself soon.

My number at the resort is (800) 867-2604 or (231) 398-0123

Last edited by a moderator:
Even non oshkosh times

Just wanted everyone to know that we are a great day trip or vacation destination as well. Not just during oshkosh.
We can provide transportation to and from the Airport locally at all times of the year. Great 42 room Inn and 2 terrific courses...so come see us sometime

Back