What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I got mine working

guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
Guys: At approximately 1300L PDST, I flew a quick pattern around the Reno Stead Airport (4SD) to test my MT 8000 and it works. The traffic pattern is 5800 feet, 800 AGL. Just one pattern because of all the smoke from the N CA fires, darn near IFR. My call sign is N65XX, check it out. Dan

Nice...

Guys: At approximately 1300L PDST, I flew a quick pattern around the Reno Stead Airport (4SD) to test my MT 8000 and it works. The traffic pattern is 5800 feet, 800 AGL. Just one pattern because of all the smoke from the N CA fires, darn near IFR. My call sign is N65XX, check it out. Dan

Dan... you did better than my 300 mW unit, which seems to be active at 500-600 ft AGL.

But I did get one "blip" at 200 ft AGL over Tucson's 11L today.....

What antenna do you have?

gil A KE6HAP N12GA

got mine working today

The antenna is one of those old bent wire units with the procelain insulator cut to 18 inches. It's mounted on the belly just inboard of the left main gear. The SBP trip was fun, I wasn't on the ground more than 10 minutes back at Stead when my wife called and told me she watched me on the web site approach and land. This could turn into a problem when I'm trying to hide out, I'm glad I put an ON/OFF switch on it. Dan.

The antenna is one of those old bent wire units with the procelain insulator cut to 18 inches. It's mounted on the belly just inboard of the left main gear. The SBP trip was fun, I wasn't on the ground more than 10 minutes back at Stead when my wife called and told me she watched me on the web site approach and land. This could turn into a problem when I'm trying to hide out, I'm glad I put an ON/OFF switch on it. Dan.

Dan, what we're all doing when we want to hide is setting up the secondary configuration with Doug Reeve's tail number for the call sign! :D

Your tracker looks very solid.

Last edited:
Back