What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 Stick Control Grip

jonmoore

I'm New Here
I currently own an RV-6 with a manual elevator trim. I intend to install an electric trim servo -- probably from Ray Allen. I am looking for a good contol stick grip with a rocker switch to control the trim servo (and one or two other functions as well). An obvious choice would be Ray Allen's G3 series. I would appreciate any feedback on RA's unit as well as others.

Jon Moore
[email protected]

Last edited:
I had the G205 until I added a couple of switches and dropped some CA glue in there to hold the switches tightly in place. Unfortunately, it wicked into the four trim buttons.

I replaced the stick with the G3 and had to cut the stick down a bit more, as it has a longer mounting grip. You'll want to sit in the cockpit and position the stick to fit the angle of your wrist, which will angle it to the left. Otherwise, it will feel weird.

My grip uses the hat switch for elevator and aileron trim. The left switch is for auto-pilot cutoff, and the right switch is un-used.

So far, I can see a potential advantage to this stick. I've been in planes where the hand brushes across the top of G205 sticks, and disconnects the A/P. The switches on the G3 are a bit more out of the way.

L.Adamson --- RV6A

I've flow with the infinity stick, and really like it. Trigger for PTT, Hat switch for trim, a toggle for the flaps, a momentary for the starter (Hands on throttle and stick while you are starting...)

Back