What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static Ports

I desire to install the static ports on the skin. I have been told that a company makes those that have metal hose connections. I have been told that Van's are plastic.
Does anyone know of the company that makes the metal one's?
thanks

Safe Air sells nice ones as do several other manufacturers. You can look at the Safe Air kits on:

http://www.safeair1.com/index.htm They have fittings as part of the kit; however, they are not AN fittings. They look like quick disconnect fittings.

I finally settled on a pair of static ports from STec (Autopilot co.) since they actually had a threaded shank that accepted a nut on the inside of the fuselage skin. No riveting or bonding required and they really look nice!! They accept the slip on static hose that is normal to most installations using the 1/4" (?) tubing.

Make it U self

Use a 1x10/32 stainless screw drill a 1/16 hole down the center, grind the head down thin to about .040 chuck it in a drill press and spin it on some sandpaper to polish it then remove about 5/8" of the threads for where the tubing plugs on. Drill #10 hole in skin add nut and washer on remaining threads and viola! No gluing no rivets no BIG holes. I made mine on a lathe but its not needed.
Frank K N.Mn
sliding that slider
Finishing 90989

Back