What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Slow Stop Animation of Panel Build

RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
Hi RVators,

Just like my other movies, I also made a short Slow stop Animation Movie of the Panel Install to remember the Milestone.
http://www.vimeo.com/904498

rudis_rv_zulu7_2150_hours.jpg

PS: If you have not seen my other Slow Stop Movies, watch them as well on Vimeo or from my website.

Kind Regards
Rudi

great job

That was pretty cool. That laser cutter was awesome. Panel looks good.
I am still trying to figure out how, where to move my support ribs to and the measurements to install glass, the three screens is nice.
Keep it going.

Great!

Rudi,
It will be a shame when you finish your plane...:eek: I've had so much fun watching it build itself.:D

Seriously, congrats on the panel. It looks great!!

Josh

Thanks guys, glad you enjoy it...

.....work and workmanship, Rudi. May I ask what your occupation is? Regards,

Pierre, I am a 'computer jockey' (actualy an IT consultant) by day, use my lunch times to play a bit with my photos on my work laptop.

Regards
Rudi

Lasar cutting

I do not wish to hijack this thread but I have a question or two. If I wanted to take my panel to a shop that did laser cutting what do I need to do as far as providing dimensions? How could I find such a shop? Are these laser cutters scarce to the point that I would have to ship it out or can I find a machine shop locally that could do this?

Rudi, your camera work is cool. I wonder how you find the time to do all of that while building. I find it hard enough to think: "Oh yeah, I better grab the camera to get a picture of that". It appears you plan out your pictures so it looks like the items just build themselves.

Awesome Video

Rudi-

I just spent time going through your youtube videos. AWESOME is the only word that come to mind. Great job. I love watching the plane build itself. Keep up the good work.

I do not wish to hijack this thread but I have a question or two. If I wanted to take my panel to a shop that did laser cutting what do I need to do as far as providing dimensions? How could I find such a shop? Are these laser cutters scarce to the point that I would have to ship it out or can I find a machine shop locally that could do this?

Rudi, your camera work is cool. I wonder how you find the time to do all of that while building. I find it hard enough to think: "Oh yeah, I better grab the camera to get a picture of that". It appears you plan out your pictures so it looks like the items just build themselves.

Hi Steve,

I had the same questions here http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=27427

You can download the panel CAD drawing from Van's then you will have to learn how a CAD program works and draw your own panel. My Laser cutter did not want to use an existing cut panel, they wanted to cut everything from scratch, something about alignment to existing shape. It was a learning experience, and I had a test piece cut first in cheap alu before my final cut in 2024 Alclad.

I plan a bit ahead of what I am going to shoot, then I make sure the manufacturing is done ready for assembly, before I put the camera on a tripod, then assembly in 30minutes, taking shots. The video editing I then do during lunch time at work.

Regards
Rudi

Rudi, I see you glued the tipup. Got more pics of the install? Did you use any bolts?

Sorry nothing more than in the videos, I just did a search here and used what the guys here suggested. No Bolts, but I did have 4 holes with cleckos to ensure it stays in place while drying, then filled those holes afterwards.

Regards
Rudi

Back