What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV builders in Hickory/Charlotte, NC?

engineerorange

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I am an aspiring pilot who loves to build things. I have finally arrived at a point where I feel I am financially able to pursue my long time dream of becoming a pilot and owning my own plane.

While I plan on attending a builder's workshop before making the leap, I would still love to meet someone in the general area who is currently building that would be willing to let me visit their shop and hopefully gain a better understanding of what I am getting into.

I am a pretty quick study and would be happy to help sweep the floor, clean the tools, and whatever else you need help with in exchange for the tidbits of information that I pick up.

Also, if anyone in the area has a flying -9 or -9A, I would love to buy some avgas for a ride around the pattern.

I'm in the big Hick

I'm in Hickory. You're welcome to come by when I'm here working. I'm wrapping up the fuselage. I travel a good bit, but we can probably work something out. Also, check out your local EAA chapters, 301 and 731. They meet every month. I'm in 731 in Hickory. I think 301 has many more members, and more flying RV's for sure. Both have websites.

PM me

The Charlotte chapter (www.eaa309.org) is very active with lots of RV's flying and under construction.

Feel free to contact me off line for details and a ride in my -9.

Back