What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mach 4 - The Sharpie 500 race at 15x

groucho

Well Known Member
I was lucky enough to take part in an great closed-course RV race last weekend thanks to the outstanding efforts of Sharpie. So, I videoed it with my tailcam & cockpit camera. It's boring to watch me fly straight & level for 38 minutes, but it's mildly entertaining at 15x normal speed.

15x 200mph at 5000'MSL is roughly Mach 4. Get "Mach 4" here: http://www.thedukes.org/rv/video.html

Mach4.jpg

Enjoy!

What were the race results?

I hope you had a good race. What were the results and did Mark Manda get to participate? Mike Thompson, SARL Chairman and race organizer at Taylor Texas was both impressed and sorry that he could not provide a race because of weather after Mark had flown all the way from California to participate. I had an Attitude Indicator failure two days before the race and I couldn't even get there from Fayetteville, Arkansas. We have a race at Sherman, Texas (GYI) next week on the 19th of April (these Texas folks love to race) so hopefully we can start running after all this winter tweaking.

Bob Axsom

Mach 4

I enjoyed your video. It looked as if you were a filming from a jet! Interesting with great scenery, yet silly and fun. :)

Mach 4

Groucho, Neat Video!
I especially liked the "check the headset" motion at the beginning as well as the "high speed taxi" at the end. Loved the music, too. Keep'em coming!
Don

Missed it...

Considering where this event was held, it was a shame that was ?down the hill? hard at work while this was going on. Heck in looking at the course you guys most likely flew over the homestead.
Judging from the pictures looks like a good time was had by one and all, and Grouch..?Thanks? for the video.

Thanks everybody! The race was a great time.

I especially liked the "check the headset" motion at the beginning as well as the "high speed taxi" at the end. Loved the music, too.
After watching it a couple times, I've noticed how much I adjust the headset mic. What's up with that? Nervous twitch maybe. Hmmm. I have some new headset parts on the way from Bose, so hopefully that makes the mic more secure.

Keep'em coming!
You can count on it! I'm going to Yosemite next week, then flying to SLC after that, so no acro for 3-4 weeks.

Back