What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Yellowstone Park

drhughes

I'm New Here
Will be spending the summer in the Yellowstone park area this summer. Any suggestions where would be the best option for keeping my 7A

I don't recall any hangars around West Yellowstone (KWYS), but contact these guys: http://www.yellowstoneaviation.com/ they may know something and they were good to me when I overnighted in the area.

Other options are:
1. 45 miles north is Ennis
2. 80 miles north is Three Forks. Joel Haynes keeps his RV-7A in 3Forks.
3. Gallatin Field (KBZN) is 1.5hr drive north of the park, probably have hangar space, but getting kinda far away.

If you need help finding something, Let me know I'll do some asking around.

Come on up to 8U8 for the 4th of July fly-in, it's only 0.6hrs at RV speed.

EAA 407

I'd suggest you contact a member of EAA 407 at http://www.eaa407.org in Idaho Falls, ID. Its an hour and half away from West Yellowstone, but they should be able to give you some local advice. Their website has a member roster and some email addresses.

Last edited:
WYS is a good place to stop, good camping on the field. You can arrange a rental car to pick you up at the airport, but call twice and make sure.

BZN is a good place to stop, further away, but hangars, fuel, MX, etc. and also a nice place to visit. I recommend Arlyn's for a FBO.

TODR

Yellowstone Airports

I suppose where you keep your plane really depends on where you are going to be based in the park. If you are on the north side, then the Gardiner (29S) airport is closest. Obviously WYS a choice if you are near there. Unfortunately there are no hangers there. If you are looking for hanger space that is really hard in the summer. I don't think that there are any hangars available in Jackson Hole, Bozeman or Gardiner in the summer. I can think of three possibilities for hanger space: the Flying Y north of Gardiner, Driggs Idaho, and Three Forks. Right now I fly out of 9S5. I can ask about hanger space. I know there is some available there for a reasonable price.

Hans

Back