What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transient Parking at SBA

jtrusso

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if there is still transient parking at SBA that is not associated with either Signature of Mercury?

Way back when there used to be transient parking in front of the tower where you could park if you were only going to be there for a few hours, this was about 10 years ago. Every time I've flown in lately, when I request to taxi to "transient parking" ground asks me if I want Signature or Mercury. While both are nice FBO's I just don't want to pay $6.80/gal for 100LL or a $28.00 ramp fee everytime I want to fly in for a Cantina Breakfast burrito. (If you've never had a breakfast burrito from the Cantina in Isla Vista you haven't lived!) I paid $92 for 12.5 gallons of gas on Friday.:eek:

Thanks for the help!

-John
Planning to build an RV...someday:rolleyes:

Sorry, no

Does anyone know if there is still transient parking at SBA that is not associated with either Signature of Mercury?

Way back when there used to be transient parking in front of the tower where you could park if you were only going to be there for a few hours, this was about 10 years ago. Every time I've flown in lately, when I request to taxi to "transient parking" ground asks me if I want Signature or Mercury. While both are nice FBO's I just don't want to pay $6.80/gal for 100LL or a $28.00 ramp fee everytime I want to fly in for a Cantina Breakfast burrito. (If you've never had a breakfast burrito from the Cantina in Isla Vista you haven't lived!) I paid $92 for 12.5 gallons of gas on Friday.:eek:

Thanks for the help!

-John
Planning to build an RV...someday:rolleyes:

The short answer is no, there isn't any parking not controlled by Signature or Atlantic (formerly Mercury.) :(

John Clark
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

Back