What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Soups On! Anyone else?

Louise Hose

Well Known Member
The first Soup-On-Sunday of the season is scheduled for this Sunday, noon to 3 pm at Campbell Field, Eastern Shore Virginia. These are really nice, casual events at a very nice turf field. Mikey and I plan to show up around noon and would love to see some other RVs and RVers from this part of the world.

More details (and field condition updates) are available at: http://www.campbellfieldairport.com/ If you fly in, watch out for the powerlines at the approach end of 21 (http://www.campbellfieldairport.com/12.html) and keep the stick back on roll out!

And, if you can't make it in person, watch the rest of us on the Webcam.

Who: Campbell Field Airport (9VG)
What: "Soup -on-Sunday " Fly-In See: www.campbellfieldairport.com for menu.
Where: Eastern Shore of Virginia-9VG
When: Sunday, September 30, 2007 Noon till 3:00pm
Why: Because pilot's love to eat!

Soup is On

Hi Louise,

I will try to make it, depending on the weather. Unfortunately, not in an RV, but in the Tiger. I would also love to see Mikey's new panel in person.

Bring a kid

Great, Fernando. Mikey will be proud and pleased to show off his panel. Hope to see your daughter or son along, too!

Rain...

Louise,

Don't know if you made it in, but I diverted to Cambridge (CGE) once rain started falling near 9VG. Sorry I missed you if you made it; some other time.

Louise gave me a call earlier this afternoon saying that she RTB'ed (to KEZF) when the inflight visibility got too low and there was rain up ahead.....I'm sure she'll fill you in more when she gets back to a computer. She'll be glad she wasn't the only one that decided it didn't look good!

Paul

Good Decision

I'm always glad to hear that a pilot used their head. I hate hearing bad news. Good job Louise. My flight instructor always warned me about gethomeitus.

Louise gave me a call earlier this afternoon saying that she RTB'ed (to KEZF) when the inflight visibility got too low and there was rain up ahead.....I'm sure she'll fill you in more when she gets back to a computer. She'll be glad she wasn't the only one that decided it didn't look good!

Paul

Sorry to miss it

As Paul noted, I turned around just before crossing the bay. Our visibility was rapidly declining, the XM weather had it raining at Campbell and south, and the OATs was only 2 degrees. Plus, I had a passenger. I felt a bit bad as I heard a half-dozen folks call for landing at Campbell, but maybe they came from different directions. No regrets and I'm glad you, Fernando, also stayed safe.

Soup will be on again after SnF, so maybe I'll see some folks then.

Louise

Back