What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flightline Comm

mikegraycmg

Well Known Member
Does anyone know anything about the new Flightline Comm for sale on Wings and Wheels for an intro price of $615?

Last edited:
Nope, but I made some inquires. The wiring is exactly the same as the Microair and the unit is made in Japan. I ordered one for the fun of it to use as a number 2. The intro price is for the 1st 5 units.

I hope it's one of those cases where being # 1 does'nt bite me in the arse later :)

Can any of you guys post a link for the product you're talking about?

Using "flightline" as a keyword on Google results in a lot of links that don't seem to make much sense... :(

Ciao, Luca

PIREP?

I'd also appreciate hearing from anyone once they receive their unit and give us a PIREP.

--
Michael

Flightline FL-760 COMM

Has anyone received their unit yet? I've got a dead Microair radio that I'd like to replace. How's this unit compare? Is it a direct plug-in replacement for the Microair?

==
Michael

Been using it as a base station until it is time to install in the panel.Works well on my homemade J Pole antenna (below treetop level and have talked to a guy in the circut at 16 nm ). No one that I have talked to has had any negative comments about my transmissions. Seems OK:)

To the best of my knowledge, wiring is the same as the Microair..

I know nothing about these radios, they might be the best thing since sliced bread. But if they break and they will they all do at some point where can you get them fixed and what is the turn around time. You can have the best there is of anything but if you can't get it fixed it is better to go with something that is not the best that can be fixed. Only talking from experience.

Flightline FL760

bump-
Anyone install this little puppy as yet? Just looking for opinion of performance of a possible second COM... thanks

I don't know about these radios but after working with the guys at XCom in resolving firmware bugs, I'm now extremely pleased with my radios. So much so that I am now one of their service reps in the US.

Not too long ago I talked to a friend over 80nm away, while we were both at pattern altitude. For a radio that draws only 500mA on transmit that's pretty doggone good.

Back