What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ICOM A210

Would like feedback from anybody using the ICOM A210 built in intercom. I am planning my panel and need to know if the A210 intercom is suffient as a stand alone intercom.

I cannot directly answer your question, however I have heard that the intercom is better than in the 200. I am currently finishing up the wiring on my a 210 and am wiring the intercom in, and it should be done within a week. I could let you know the result shortly.

From a wiring standpoint it appears not bad, it has low level inputs for audio input, as well as an intercom switch for off and on.

It would be nice to hear from someone who is using it in the air, too see how well it performs with ambient noise.

My RV9a has the 210 and uses the intercom that is built-in. The plane is weeks from flying for the first time.On ground test with passenger, indicates it is working good with engine running backgound sound. There are "adjustments in headphone and "mic" settings that are required but no big deal.

Back