What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV6 Builder's Manual/Drawings

djreiner

I'm New Here
RV6 Builder's Manual/Drawings -- Help Please

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

I own an RV6 that I purchased about 6 years ago. It is a great airplane.

Anyway, I'm in a little bind.

There is slight damage to my rudder that I would like to fix. I am having my mechanics work on it but there is a problem -- NO DRAWINGS.

We contacted VAN's AIRCRAFT who says that they do not have any RV6 builder's drawings!!???!!! WHAT???!!!! The designer of the RV6 does not have drawings?

Well, if anyone could maybe nudge us in the right direction we would appreciate it.

I'm willing to pay for RV6 technical drawings if anyone would be willing to sell a copy.

Thanks -- and keep the dirty side down...

Drew Reiner :)

Last edited:
Captain John,

Thanks for the info. Quick question -- do you have "the list?" If so, is everything that I need on there for the RV-6 rudder?

Thanks in advance.

Drew

I think I can help you. Do you have the older short rudder or the taller one that eventually made its way to the RV-7? Six years old or more I am guessing the short one.

The list:

http://vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/webstore.cgi

is in the middle of the screen above the search box. Click to view or right click and "save target as". I even put a date on it when I save it so that I know its correct. Supposedly it is updated every business day.

Last edited:
Back