What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Sorting Tray

rfinch

Well Known Member
One of the most cost-effective gadgets I got recently was this sorting tray (I found it at Harbor Freight). Yeah, not real innovative or unusual, but what a convenience when sorting through a collection of odd parts.

Speaking of innovative, check out this flexible funnel. I haven't tried it because of its price but it sure seems useful.

Another "gismo" I've found to help keeping things sorted (especially rivets) are some containers called ?viewtainers? or something like that, you can get them at OSH and I?m sure other places as well. They are clear plastic tubes about 2? in diameter, with a top that works like the old plastic coin purses, you squeeze it and it opens drop it and it closes- no spillage

One of the most cost-effective gadgets I got recently was this sorting tray (I found it at Harbor Freight). Yeah, not real innovative or unusual, but what a convenience when sorting through a collection of odd parts.

Speaking of innovative, check out this flexible funnel. I haven't tried it because of its price but it sure seems useful.

Thanks for the tip on the sorting trays, I will be ordering some Monday for work. Right now we use plastic drinking tumblers, but I think these will work just as well, and help us see the parts better just before they go on the packaging machine.

Back