What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Comm/Nav Antenna

TheLutz

I'm New Here
I am about halfway through the slow build on my wings. I am thinking about the com and nav antennas. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the wingtip antennas that fit into the wingtips? I they are a viable option I would liek to run the wiring for them prior to closing up the wings.

info in the archives

I am about halfway through the slow build on my wings. I am thinking about the com and nav antennas. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the wingtip antennas that fit into the wingtips? I they are a viable option I would liek to run the wiring for them prior to closing up the wings.

You might try hitting the "Search" botton at the top of this page and running a search on "wing tip antenna". You will get back nearly a hundred posts on this subject and no doubt your question will be answered quickly. ;)

Sam Buchanan

Wingtip antennas

TheLutz said:

A couple of my local RV builders have antenna's in their wingtips. I have flown in both. NAV and COM both seem to be just fine. I am planning to put antennas in both tips.

I am running a conduit in my wings prior to closing.....I plan to use a steel fish tape to pull the wire through later. I am running my Strobe wires in a seperate run through grommets away from the main conduit.

Cheers!

Back