What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop Bolt Holes in Spinner Bulkhead

szicree

Well Known Member
My prop bolts are 1/2 inch and the holes in the rear spinner bulkhead are 5/8, so it looks like the only thing keeping the spinner bulkhead from turning are the two locating dowels on my metal Sensenich prop. Have I got this right?

Same here

Mine is the same, I assume this is correct, there will also be quite a bit of compression on the bulkhead from the prop bolts.

Photos of my set-up

Steve,
I saw your thread several days ago but didn't have time to investigate my parts. I am using a fixed pitch prop also. I have ordered an MT but have yet to receive it. My prop extension is the "deluxe" unit that Van's sells; made by Sabre. See photos. The plate fits on the prop extension very precisely. I am not familiar with the Sensenich prop and extension. Maybe it?s different?

I need to know where you are installing the comm and transponder antennas. Are you placing either of them aft of the spar? If so, which one and about where? I was thinking of putting the transponder antenna forward and the comm antenna aft of the spar. That way it won't be shadowed by the gear legs. I'm head scratching and could benefit from some hints from other 4 builders.

Sincerely,

Agree with above poster. My backing plate is a precesion fit also. FWIW I have my comm antenna under my feet between the gear legs and my xponder antenna on the bottom just aft of the rear baggage bulkhead. Have not had any complaints on xmitt or reception.
Tom
RV3 2000+ hours

Last edited:
Back