What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DFW Local Suppliers

TTU_RV7

Hey everyone,
I am working on my RV-7 tail kit here in Hurst, and I am wondering who the local suppliers are for hardware, primer, etc. I go to Avery for my tools, and Lowe's /Home Depot for the basics, but having to wait (and pay shipping) for everything else is going to get old quick. Please tell me there is someone local.

Mikey

What kind of supplier?

There are many suppliers for just about anything you need in the DFW area, exactly what are you after? For rattle can primer I use Sherwin Williams GBP 988 from any SW automotive store - search their web site, there are several around, but they are usually 8-5 Mon-Fri.

Pete

Not sure where you are in DFW

SW Automotive...their Web site isn't that accurate...the one on I-35 in Carrollton is no longer there.

I've found English Color to be a good source for PPG stuff...many Metroplex locations as well, and the two I looked up on the web were actually there when I pulled up :D

Unfortunately, I'm still mail-ordering other stuff...usual suspects

Joe

Good to have Friends

A buddy at work answered this for me. There is a place near Meachum Field called Tex-Air parts. An addicts heaven. There website is not great, but it lists everything they sell. Check them out if you need something.

http://www.texair.com/

I have found that Texair can be expensive. Parts are often cheaper mail order from other suppliers.

BTW I use the SW auto outlet on Sylvania just south of 121 in Fort Worth.

Pete

Back