What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ICOM A210 / RMI installation Question

dlomheim

Well Known Member
I have a question for anyone using an RMI micro-encoder...what did you find was the best place to hook up the audio function? In installation manual says the audio line can be hooked up to the headsets or run through a radio / intercom. My first inclination is to just hook it up to one of the audio inputs on my A210 unless there are reasons not to unknown to me...

Thanks for any help.

Doug Lomheim
RV-9A, finishing

I didn't use any of the A-210 (-200) audio inputs, since I have an audio panel Doug, but if you don't get any other responses form someone that did, you might just put a pin with a wire in to the A-210 plug and let it hang out. Do the same thing with a wire to the headset jack, Then temporarily connect them when you get to the point that you can power up the system, try it both ways, and permanently connect the one you like the best.

In my experience, you can agonize for hours over which way to do it, or try both ways with about five minutes extra time....I've done it both ways, and have pretty much decided to quit agonizing!

Paul

I have a question for anyone using an RMI micro-encoder...what did you find was the best place to hook up the audio function? In installation manual says the audio line can be hooked up to the headsets or run through a radio / intercom. My first inclination is to just hook it up to one of the audio inputs on my A210 unless there are reasons not to unknown to me...

Thanks for any help.

Doug Lomheim
RV-9A, finishing

Doug, I've been flying the uEncoder for 850 hrs and use the alarm for a low airspeed alert (70kts). The internal beeper is plenty loud to hear even when wearing ANR headsets. If you are using an audio alert for another function that would occur at cruise speed/rpm, a tie-in to the audio system might be necessary, but I doubt it. The alarm in the unit is rather loud.

Doug,

I did wire in my Dynon D100 EFIS and D1 EMS to the mono inputs on my A200 and they worked out great.

Here's the schematic of how I wired everything in:

Back