What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best engine builder - customer service

Scott Will

Well Known Member
Getting ready to pull the trigger on an engine soon. I want an IO-360 with at least one side electronic ignition, initially FP but with the ability to go C/S down the road (if possible).

Just trying to sort out the best companies to deal with in terms of customer/technical service and support. I am sort of leaning towards Mattituck or AeroSport based on word of mouth (and that's not by many mouths). And since I was thinking of Mattituck, what are the big differences between their TMX and the XP?

Care to share any engine builder feedback? Thanks for your advice.

Scott

Don't have any firsthand experience with Mattituck, but I've bought two from Bart at Aerosport Power. I don't think you can go wrong with either of your choices. Check to see who will give you the best price and go with it.

Bart has been super. I not only have his email address but his cell phone number as well. That's service.

Tough Choice!

I have heard nothing but good things about Bart at Aerosport, and I also have nothing but the highest praise for Mahlon Russell and all the guys at Mattituck. I ended up going with Mattituck because of a lot of really good engineering discussion with Mahlon, and because it was more convenient for me to go there for the assembly than to Canada. I think you're going to get a great engine either way, and I wouldn't get too hung up on labels. Either one will build you an engine with any combination of parts - and call it whatever you like!

Paul Dye
Mattituck TMXO-360

Back