What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 update 01-17-08

Phyrcooler

Well Known Member
Well folks?

I know we haven?t heard much news as of late, so being the curious, impatient type, :rolleyes: I emailed Tom Green today to see if he or someone could give us an update on the RV-12 project. He promptly sent back this reply:

"We are moving along well and will be able to provide a web update soon... I had hoped to be able to ship something in January, like a tail or wing kit, but it simply is not going to happen...
we are 100% certain we will be selling kits and able to deliver them by SnF but before that time the date eludes me!! Take care and fly safe... Tom"

So? there you have it for today anyway. He sounds optimistic about being able to ship kits by Sun ?n Fun (April)? So it looks like we are getting close. Now, if I can just get my projects done by this summer? I should be 'good to go' to start construction! :eek:

So - thank you to Tom for the prompt reply. I will try to patiently await the next web update. :D

DJ

Well folks?

I know we haven?t heard much news as of late, so being the curious, impatient type, :rolleyes: I emailed Tom Green today to see if he or someone could give us an update on the RV-12 project. He promptly sent back this reply:

"We are moving along well and will be able to provide a web update soon... I had hoped to be able to ship something in January, like a tail or wing kit, but it simply is not going to happen...
we are 100% certain we will be selling kits and able to deliver them by SnF but before that time the date eludes me!! Take care and fly safe... Tom"

So? there you have it for today anyway. He sounds optimistic about being able to ship kits by Sun ?n Fun (April)? So it looks like we are getting close. Now, if I can just get my projects done by this summer? I should be 'good to go' to start construction! :eek:

So - thank you to Tom for the prompt reply. I will try to patiently await the next web update. :D

DJ

Cool.

James

Thank you for the update. Hopefully that means the "final version" prototype is being built and will fly soon! I'm assuming that will need to happen first after the structural testing is complete.

Back