What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VAF Florida Wing - RV Weekend - Who Is Going? (With Questions)

DevDad

Well Known Member
As Dan pointed out to me last week, the VAF Florida Wing RV Weekend Fly-In is happening this weekend in Lakeland. Sarah and I have never done the "camp at a fly-in" thing, so we're thinking it may be fun to give it a shot this weekend, especially since the house is less than an hour away, in the event we decide to head home.

So, here are my questions:

1) Who is going? If you are going, are you flying in? Camping? Staying in a hotel?
2) Do many people camp who don't bring airplanes?
3) If we do decide to camp, anything that we should bring that isn't obvious?

If we could make this a VAF Florida Wing Fly-In Roll Call, that'd be great!

Thanks!
Mike

I wasn't aware of the fly-in, but put me down as tentative to drive in for the day on Sat. Is there any official info like time, location (I know LAL but that's a big place).

I wasn't aware of the fly-in, but put me down as tentative to drive in for the day on Sat. Is there any official info like time, location (I know LAL but that's a big place).

Here is some info that will get you to some more info:

Florida has a very informal - but FUN - RV Builder's Group thanks to the efforts of Rob Kermanj (www.beagleaviation.com), Bernie Kerr (from Treasure Coast Airpark) and, recently, Laura Crook (Shady Bend Airpark). Roughly once a month we get together for a breakfast or lunch Fly Out. Sometimes we go to an airport restaurant (searching for the infamous $20 hamburger.) Other times we go to a local Fly In together. No matter what the activity, we always have a great time.
Want to help? We're always looking for ideas and help in organizing activities.

If you are a Florida or S. Georgia RV builder and would like to be included on the email list for future activities, or if you have ideas for the group and/or you'd like to help organize an event, please email Laura Crook at [email protected], Ollie Washburn at [email protected] or Lorene Washburn at [email protected].

Remember - you don't have to be flying to join us - driving in is great too! Even if your RV is only a dream at this time, it can be very informative to talk to others who have already been where you are.

Good luck. I'd like to attend but it's a long way from Seattle:D

DaveB

I am planning to drive over from Kissimmee on Saturday morning. Would love to spend all three days there but work won't make that possible.

Jim Kinsey
7A Fuselage

Forecast wx for Sat. does not look too good for me attending but Sun. does looks better. I will be there, weather permitting, but right now I am ......up in the air. :rolleyes: get it?!

Lorene and I have camped there for the past 2 yrs and are planning to again this year. Fri and Sat night there is a big campfire which every sits around and tells tall tails. Bring your own chair and warm jacket. Last year we had a lesson on how to make Smors(maybe wrong spelling). Great fun, but not good for waistline. Also if camping it's good to bring snacks.
Ollie

A T T E N T I O N ! ! !
TO ALL THE RVers:

THE SUN-N-FUN RV WEEKEND THAT WAS PLANNED FOR JANUARY 18-19-20,

2008 HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER.

WE'RE SORRY FOR THE LATE NOTICE, BUT CAN'T CONTROL MOTHER NATURE!

Lorene Washburn

Welp, so much for that. If anyone is still heading over this way, I'm willing to host a handful of people for burgers or pizza, and hanging around. Just shoot me an e-mail if you're interested. If you're flying in, I can pick you up at KBKV or X39. Driving, I'm 20 minutes north of Tampa International.

Mike

Back