What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: Brake pedal fix for tall pilot / not so tall pilot

174Bob&Nancy

We have 100 hr on our rv-7,I always felt like I was possibly dragging a brake on takeoff or landing because the pedals are so close to the rudder bar,our rudder pedals are a compromise for both of us,Nancy is 5'4 and I am 6'1,We have brakes on both sides,We ended up taking the brake pedals from the left pilots side and swapping it for the right pilot side ,this puts the master cylinder bracket at the back of the pedal so you have to drill it out and turn it back around and re-rivet it,This moves the brake pedal 3/4" farther away from the rudder pedal,Test flew it Saturday and it felt alot better,no more worries about accidentaly hitting the brakes.The problem wasnt as noticable until I added carpet about a month ago,this raises your feet up about an inch.

B&N:

There's been some discussion on this on other threads, with various solutions proposed. After some head scratching, rotation, translation and general muddling, I figured out what you are up to...

Setting the brake pedals 3/4" back! Sounds like it will work quite nicely.

Vern

Back