What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sensenich wood props

Bigfish

I'm New Here
Does anyone have any experiences, knowledge, or feelings about the Sensenich wood props for RV's? Thanks,
B F

I had one on my 180hp RV6 for 1400hrs. Great prop, smooth and good performance. Sensenich is a good company to do business with too.

Martin Sutter
building and flying RV's since 1988

Sensenich Wood prop on RV

I have a Sensenich on my IO-360 Continental. Runs smooth. Have a few thousand miles on it. .....

I ran a Sensenich wood on my -6 before I got my Catto. The Sensenich is a great prop. The only problem I had with it is because of the wide blade plan form, it loads up considerably at the lower altitudes. I only got 2050 rpm static. It still pulls great even at the lower rpm. It is fantastic at altitude. I still have it for back up in case I ever need maintenance on the Catto.

Mel,

I know I'm bringing this back from the dead. Do you remember the specs on your Sensenich Wood prop? I have one as well, and static is low like yours.

Mel,
I know I'm bringing this back from the dead. Do you remember the specs on your Sensenich Wood prop? I have one as well, and static is low like yours.

I don't remember the specs. But it wouldn't compare to your situation anyway because I had a modified engine with 175 hp.
Sensenich worked with me building the prop specifically for my engine.

Back