What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone have an RV-4 in the North GA area I could have a look at?

jason007

I'm New Here
I'm currently in flight school trying to knock out my private and move on to instrument, and I'm looking at buying my own plane soon. Possibly soon enough to finish some of my schooling in it. I started showing interest in a Pulsar XP, and after looking around more discovered the RV's which seem to have cult status at this point. It clicked even more with me when I was in my workshop yesterday and realized I have a model airplane that looks a lot like an RV-3...it's a Harmon Rocket III :D

I'm specifically interested in an RV-4 as it fits my price range and has some great looking reviews and performance numbers. At this point I'm hooked on a 4. I could go get a beater C150 tomorrow, but it doesn't give much room to grow outside of floating around the sky...so RV it is!

I'm trying to find one in the North GA area that I can see up close to see what I'm getting into and talk to the owner. If there's anyone out there with a 4 that wouldn't mind taking an hour to talk about the plane I would be more than happy to buy lunch :)

I live near 49A, train at 47A, and I drive by RYY weekdays after 5PM, could be at any of the three on a weekend as well.

Try LZU

I sure there is at least one -4 at LZU. They (EAA 690) have their breakfast this Saturday, might can see it, and some other RV's, if you go hang out a bit!
Good luck!

Yes and I happen to have the keys to it also. Ill be at the breakfast Saturday morning if you want to look at one.

Hey Guys,

I didn't have my account setup to email me from the forum when I get a response, sorry for acting like I ignored you all.

If there's any local/semi-local events coming up or anyone happens to be in my area on a weekend with a little time to spare please drop me a line.

Back