What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for a Prop Cable end bearing in Houston...

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
OK, this is a shot in the dark, but here goes....I'm looking for the rod end bearing that goes onto the end of the prop cable and attaches the cable to the governor on an RV. We are getting very close to getting Louise's airplane ready to fly (probably by Sunday), and I ran into a little problem with the prop cable. The old one was pretty non-standard, and getting sorta worn. I bought a new cable, and discovered today that the old rod end bearing is male threaded and an odd size - they had an adapter for it, and it doesn't fit the new cable. I know I can get one from Spruce....but with the holiday, that's probably a week away. I can put the old cable back in and us it, but then have to do some disassembly later that I'd rather avoid.

I'm just wondering if we have any Houston RVer's that have one sitting around (probably comes in the FWF kit?) that they might not need for a few weeks that I could "borrow", then have a new one shipped to you. We''l be out working at PEarland tomorrow, and I could hop in the Val and come pick it up at another field if need be.

Happy holidays to all - maybe Santa will be good to us!

Paul

Thanks!

Thanks to both Daryl and Karl - I picked one up from Daryl this morning and finished up the prop cable install - it is a huge advantage to having other RVer's around to be able to scrounge parts that they may not be ready to use, then restock them for the builder. This kept us from being grounded until next week for a simple piece. (And it gave me an excuse to fly the Val over to Weiser and back to pick it up from Daryl!)

Paul

Glad it worked out

Glad it worked out Paul. Sorry it was so windy when you got there. Louise missed a nice flight over to Weiser. After you took off a guy stopped by and said WOW did you see the climb rate on that thing.....

Its always fun to see peoples reactions that have not seen an RV before. :D

Back