What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop

dustman

Well Known Member
Hey guys looking for suggestions. I need to order a prop it will be fixed engine is 290d. Mainly looking for suggestions on manafactures. The better half is starting to worry about both my time and money that is going into the other woman, so good quality at a good price will go along ways towards harmony in the home. Thanks

Catto if you're not in a hurry

Most Catto fixed pitch propeller owners rave about the prop. I haven't flown mine yet but the quality of the delivered prop looks very good. Craig Catto moved to a new "scimitar" like design for 2007 and he thinks it will be noticeably better than the earlier designs. All that said, if you need a prop in a hurry, Catto may not be the best solution. Mine took 14 months from order to delivery!

Try Sterba ...

Hey guys looking for suggestions. I need to order a prop it will be fixed engine is 290d. Mainly looking for suggestions on manafactures. The better half is starting to worry about both my time and money that is going into the other woman, so good quality at a good price will go along ways towards harmony in the home. Thanks

Try Ed Sterba.

http://www.greatplainsas.com/ed.html

Not sure of lead times but I recall it being better than the Catto lead times.

Ed is a good guy to deal with and his wood props are a very good value.

James

catto

I've been flying with a catto 2 blade prop for about 20 hrs . its been great ,very smooth. preformance is exactly what catto said it would be. it only took 2 months to get the 2 blade prop, the waiting lists seems to for the 3blade. it also fit the vans spinner perfectly , the prop hub didn't require any modification to get the bulkhead in the spinner to fit. just my humble opinion. these planes are great no matter what you stick on the front.

Back