What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3B Web Site

Randy asked me to post the url of my new web site:

www.rv3.moonfruit.com

I have only constructed the skeleton of the web site so far and posted a few pictures of my workshop and of my recently finished RV-7.

I would be grateful if you would let me know what you think? If you were starting on an RV-3, what would you like to see on a web site that would help you: lots of pictures, descriptions, anomalies in the build plans etc?

Do let me know through this forum or on the email link on the web site and I will try and oblige!

I ordered the empennage yesterday; it still hasn't arrived in the UK yet! ;)

Mark-

Thanks for the link!
Even though I am far from done with the -8, I still am looking ahead to the next project.
I am interested in the details of non-matched hole construction - pics / details on how you locate ribs and substructure under an unpunched skin, etc - things I haven't done while building a punched kit.

Thanks!

Thomas

very nice

oooo very nice site! Dont forget to ask vans to post the link on vansaircraft.com. Now we are only like 67 websites behind the RV-7 guys.

Hello Mark,

I'm just starting an -3B and have no idea what I'm doing. It would be helpful for me to have photos that show the construction of your empennage. The few RV-3 sites out there tend to have few pictures of the empennage during construction. I'm particularly interested in learning the best method to align and mark rib and spar centerlines on the skins. I'm also interested in the sequence, methods, and tools used to trim the edges of the skins.

Well you did ask what RV-3 builders would like to see. Thank you for any information you may provide.

Bob

Back