What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Data Plate Location

Scott Chastain

Again, He said to me, "Prophecy to these bones, and say to them, 'O dry bones, hear the word of the Lord! Thus says the Lord God to these bones: "Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live. I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the Lord."'"

Ezekiel 37:5-6

Last edited:
Here

Hi Scott,
The DAR liked this:
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Peeling.....

Has anyone else had their VAF Dataplate peel? All the black ink is coming off mine, leaving just the stuff that I had engraved. Good thing it is hiding under the Stab, or it would be terribly unsightly. I am pretty sure I got it from Van's - maybe Avery....but that was several years ago anyway.

I know the RV's are fast, but so fast that the paint peels off the data plate?!:rolleyes:

Paul

Hey Scott,

Glad I'm not the only one that has a data plate with thin paint.....Ah well, they cost all of ten bucks, and mine got engraved a little crooked, so maybe I'll just get another one, do it right, and replace it. Grady used Jet Glo on my airplane - that is his paint of choice, and I am really pleased with it!

Formation training? Better talk to Danny or Doug (or Scorch, or....)! My formation training and experience is mostly two-ship for test and chase purposes, and just haven't had th time to start doing a lot of multi-ship with any of the guys in the DFW area or here, for that matter. We all have just so many hours in our days, and have to prioritize how we'll spend it......

Paul

Wow!

I had to dredge up this thread in order to say "Thanks!" to Ted Blakeley, the maker of the VAF dataplates.....I thin kit was the day after Thanksgiving that I got a call , out of the blue, from Ted. He said he'd read here on the forums that my plate was peeling, and that two new plates were already in the mail for me....now heck folks, I bought my plate several years ago, I'm not even sure who from, and here I have the maker looking me up and wanting to make it right. Is this a great community, or what!

Oh, his advice with the new plate? "Slow down!" :D

Thanks again Ted - that is above and beyond!

Paul

Paul:

Just curious: why do you need two? I reckon the extra will make a nice Christmas present for somebody still building in your neck of the woods.

I don't know why Ted sent me two - he already had them in the mail when he called! Of course, we are seriously talking about our next project.....:rolleyes:

Hey Pierre and Scott

Your pictures are no longer linked to this old thread. Can you repost or if anybody else out there has an example of your data plate location, can you please post?

Thanks!

Good morning.

Hi Kelly..just below the leading edge of the stab is an acceptable place...here's my -10:

Dataplate.jpg

Best,

I put mine exactly where Pierre's is. Why? Because it perfectly covered up one of my two paint runs ( I had to sand out the other).

I put mine exactly where Pierre's is. Why? Because it perfectly covered up one of my two paint runs ( I had to sand out the other).

Same reason my OAT probe got it's current location - to plug a hole I drilled by mistake! Sometimes it just works out OK in the end...

Back