What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Happiness is........

petehowell

Well Known Member
Getting up early, strapping on the RV, being greeted by the sun- and a friendly voice from the tower.

"RV789PH, cleared for takeoff, runway 9er, left turn to the north"

2005393820268143065_rs.jpg

Went 20 miles north and it was SNOWING.

Landed and came back to the land of meetings and conf calls.:(

Still, the day will be a good one.......

Last edited:
Happiness is

For me
Happiness was flying my RV4 to work for the first time yesterday.
Driving takes 20mins.
Flying takes 4mins.
Plus the 15 mins drive to the airport, 15 mins to launch and the 5 min. walk form MEV to work. Well worth the extra time. Priceless!!
I would do it every day!

Great photo, Pete.

Are you flying out of Flying Cloud?

I'm originally from New Ulm but it's been a few years since leaving the great state of Minnesota. Still have lots of relatives from Red Wing to St. Claire to New Ulm. Had a great visit in September that included the Le Sueur County tractor show and lots of home cooked fried chicken in Searles. It was a fun week end. :)

Anoka County

Hi David,

I fly out of Anoka. It was a beautiful morning.

Last edited:
And when you're returning, there's few sounds as welcoming as the voice of your friendly local ATC ... those guys virtually become like FAMILY. :) The controllers at my home field (KDEC) are super ... friendly, professional, flexible ... to me they define the advantage of a towered airport.

Grew up in Decatur

Rupester,

Spent many years in Forsyth when my dad worked for AE Staley. Watched I-72 being built.

I used to work at the FBO in Decatur before starting work in STL for McAir. I enjoyed it while I was there. I remember both the tower crew and the FSS guys being pretty good.

Last edited:
Back