What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

prop and governor

havent

First, let me say how helpful I find the postings of all you folks willing to share your insights and, yes, failures, especially for novices like myself. The failures are particularly helpful as they make the best motivation for learning. So, here are my latest questions all this wonderful RV news has created for me.

If I use the Mattituck TMX IO-360-M1B with Lightspeed ingnition in place of right mag, will I have any rpm issues with the WW200RV prop? Where do I find tech info on this? Is Ameritech Industries American Propeller Service the best place to get this help?

Also, somewhere in all your prop discussions I read about using a less expensive governor than the Jihostroj with the WW prop. Seems like it brought the WW prop price within $1000 of the Hartsell C/S. What governors are workable and where do you get tech info on this?

If it sounds like I'm not very smart about this engine and prop stuff, it's true. I've ordered Thomas' newly updated engine book hoping to de-dummy myself a bit.

Thanks,

havent

I have decided the WW 200RV to be my prop of choice as well. I talked to WW about a 200 hp high compression, future elec ign. basically they say it is OK. But to my knowledge, no testing or data has been taken so no one really knows for sure. So, we are basically on our own.

The hub is a certified McCauley hub built for 250+ hp and metal blades, and the light composite blades will be putting alot lighter load on the hub than it was designed for , so that would seem a plus. Also, composite blades should handle the vibration much better than aluminum. With that said I am comfortable with the choice.

I was lucky enough to get in on the PCU 5000X gov buy, so that is what I have. I believe that is the gov you are referring to. It is made by Jihostroj and comes in an uncertified, the "X" , version.

Back