What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

lightspeed zulu headsets

henriquerv9

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the new zulu headsets from lightspeed. Does it worth the price? How it works compared to other models?

For me the most interesting point is that they say it has 40% less pressure than their other models, what makes long Xconuntries more comfortable...

Any inputs are appreciate..

Regards

Henrique Castro

Zulu

Tried them on at Reno. They had Bose units for immediate comparison. Felt and sounded great. Still a bit more pressure than Bose but better sound - at least on the comparisons sets. Well built.

I have 30gs that I seldom use because of the clamping so I know what the 40% difference feels like!

Does anyone know if the Zulu's are shipping yet?
PilotMall shipped a Zulu to me on the 10th October. I pre-ordered them some time ago. They are being processed by Australian Customs at present so I have no idea when I will actually get them!!:(

Fin 9A
Australia

Fin
can you give a pilot report when you have had a while with the new headset.
I have a 30-3G here in Melbourne (Oz) and am tempted to trade it in on a Zulu.
John

I tried a pair at Reno as well, I really liked them. Sounded better than the bose, very comfortable, and more features, too. If I had $850 to blow, it would be on a set of those. I think my RV-8 project is going to suck that money down first though :D

Better than Bose

I tried a set recently. Pacific Coast Avionics let me take their demo sets of both the Bose and the Zulu up in my RV-3B for a comparo with the Meyers that I have loved for so long now. It was a big challenging to juggle 3 sets of headsets in the cockpit of an RV-3, but I digress.

Bottom line: I would choose Zulus over the Bose without question. The fidelity is slightly better, they seemed about equally quiet although Lightspeed claims they have better/more noise reduction, I think the Bluetooth cell phone interface is very useful/cool, they are $150 less expensive, and I think Lightspeed provides better support than Bose does.

All that said, I decided to stay with my Meyers because overall I still like them better. For info on what Meyers headsets are click here.

Meyers Headsets

I have two sets of Meyers headsets. They are terrific!! They are the best non ANR that I have ever used and he stand behind them 100%.

Tom

Back