What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Relocating to NJ

edneff

Well Known Member
I'm moving to NJ later this year. Can anyone recommend a good airport with an active RV community?

Thanks

Hi :D
There are a few RVs at Sky manor KN40 other than that I know there are others spread around. But there are a bunch of RVs around the eastern PA south Jersey Delaware area.
I am based out of S37 in Lancaster, so a RV is never really far away:D

Sky Manor Airport

Sky Manor (N40) and Alexandra (N85) both have a good amount of RVs. The airports are 3 miles apart. We also have an active EAA group which meets at Sky Manor.

Thanks
Adam Silverstein
President Chapter 643
RV-8 Engine Start 10/5/07
And flying soon!

Where in NJ?

It helps to know where in NJ you are moving to. There is activity in a number of areas.

Hi and thanks to all for the suggestions. I'll be in Jefferson township, northern Morris County. Sussex is the closest airport, about 35 minutes away. I don't think there's any RV activity there.

I visited Alexandria and it looks like a really nice airport, but it will be almost an hour away. And apparently they are building some more T-hangars, so that's a plus.

For such a small state, NJ has some very cool airports!

Bummer my former home base is gone, I sure miss 2N8! Flying with Eddie in the P-17, T-6, UPF-7, TravelAir 4000, or J-3 out of that place was a blast! It just wasn't the same after we moved to 3N6. :(

My first RV ride was out of 2N8 in the back of Purple Passion.

Back