What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Utah RV-7s?

CitationJet

I'm New Here
I have been looking at different kits for a while and my father is about 80% done on on the wings of an RV-8. I have settled on an RV-7 as the airplane to build because I like the side by side seating, but I would like to at least sit in one before I buy. I am tall, (6' 5") and would like to make sure that I fit before starting.

Anyone in the Utah area with a -7(A) that would mind letting me try your airplane for fit?

Thanks,

Rick and sons
RV-7 wannabes!

You might try someone from the local EAA chapter 23 www.eaa23.org. I am in Utah (Sandy) and am building a RV-7A but am only on the wings.
I did see a RV-6A parked at Salt Lake Municipal last week and have been told there are people with RV's there and there are RV's at Bountifull Skypark I believe.
Hope this helps.

Ive seen a 6 at the Bountiful Skypark several times and an almost-finished 7 in one of the hangers. From what Ive gathered (new member), most of the local EAA builders are working on 9A's and 10s.

Tall pilot

Steve,
Just fyi... I'm 6'6" 225 and I fit fine in my 7A. My son is 6'7 and he fits as well (not quite as much weight though :).

You just have to manage the seating. I used Vans seating and I leave the bottom cushion wedge out for more headroom. 3 hour legs no problem

Doug
7A 225hrs

Last edited:
Thanks!

I appreciate the quick replies! Sounds like a trip up to Bountiful is in order. I sat in a -6A the other day and the panel was hitting my shins. The airplane had thick cushions though as the owner is about 5' 9". It sounds like with the larger cabin size on the -7 and the right selection of cushions that it would be quite comfortable!

Thanks,

Rick :)

You guys should come to the local EAA chapter meetings- 2nd Friday, 7:00 PM, new permanent location beginning in Aug at Airport #2- upstairs over blue north side hanger, I believe. Lots of friendly RV builders! ;)

They had a breakfast at Airport #2 a week ago and had a number of RV's show up, a very nice RV8 based in Ogden and a nice (unpainted) RV-9A that the owner built in 6 months!!!! (from QB kits).
As I am getting requalified there it is nice to meet people who have accomplished what I am working on and with the EAA meetings moving there it should be a great place to hang out, get tips and maybe get help on occasion. :)

Try on a -9/9A

They are the same size as the -7/7A.

Also, it seems to me that panel on -6/6A's are lower than on the 7 & 9's.

Good luck, hope the shoe fits.

cobra said:
You guys should come to the local EAA chapter meetings- 2nd Friday, 7:00 PM, new permanent location beginning in Aug at Airport #2- upstairs over blue north side hanger, I believe. Lots of friendly RV builders! ;)

Sounds good, will try to make the next one.

RH

Back