What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6 panel part number

Louise Hose

Well Known Member
We're working on designing a complete panel overhaul for my aged RV-6 and do not have access to the drawings this week. A check on the Van's website led only to confusion as they provide no information on any of the panels and there are lots of options. Might anyone be able to provide the appropriate part number for an RV-6 tip-up panel blank?

Thanks!

Panels...

Louise,

Note that the F-603 is 10 17/32 high in the center after the 1 inch flange is bent under at the bottom.

I'm not sure if the Vans replacement RV-6 panels are shipped shaped with the flange bent or not.... The original kits had the flange bent, but was not cut out to the correct shape.
The curve on the top and the slots in the side were all builder created.

gil A

ADDED

If it is not supplied cut to shape, it might be easier just to buy the aluminum locally and have a shop bend the lower flange.
The material is 0.063 6061-T6.
One common option was to add 1 inch to the panel bottom over the drawing (sheet 35) dimensions.

Last edited:
If you purchase F-603 OVSZ (I think that is the number), you will get a square panel with a pre-bent flange already, that allows for a panel at least 2" taller than normal. Hope this helps.

Back