What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OT: Red Bull Air Race Pics

Baja_Traveler

Well Known Member
Today was the kickoff of Fleet Week and the qualifying for the big race tomorrow. Went down to the race on the trolley - (Take the Seaport Village stop for the shortest walk). Had an excellent talk with a WWII P51 pilot on the way. I'm going to change tactics tomorrow and go over to Coronado and shoot from the opposite side with the sun behind me and downtown San Diego as a backdrop. Here is the link to some of the 500 pics I took today: http://www.pbase.com/baja_traveler/red_bull_air_race
85987192.jpg

One thing changing sides of the bay gave me was a MUCH better angle on the fly-by's. Added a few more pictures from day2 to the previous link.
86076394.jpg

Thanks

Thanks for the great pics. I hope it's OK with you that I've photoshop edited them into my perfect size desk top background pics. Does anyone know if the San Diego race will ever be televised. I'd love to watch it.

Thanks for the great pics. I hope it's OK with you that I've photoshop edited them into my perfect size desk top background pics. Does anyone know if the San Diego race will ever be televised. I'd love to watch it.

No Problem - If I remember correctly the race will be on FSN November 11th, cant wait to watch it.
On Edit: 11/11/07 @ 6pm, 11/12/07 @ 3pm & 11/14/07 @ 4pm - all times within each local timezone.

Learned in the paper today why one of the planes cut and ran in the middle of a run. He apparently had a bird strike on the first lap. They wouldnt let him re-run, so he DQ'd.

Last edited:
Back