What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3T0 Open -- Alive, Well and in Great Shape

chrispratt

Well Known Member
Enjoyed a beautiful morning flight to Cedar Mills (3T0) today. The grass runway was in the best shape I can remember. Thick, lush grass and smooth as a carpet.

Official runway inspector Jay Pratt gives it his seal of approval.

runwayinspectorjayai5.jpg

Some of the stalwart RVers (those not afraid to land on a grass strip;)) were there

drdonlandingjpgmo4.jpg

rvrowmd8.jpg

and enjoying the cool morning breeze as we ate at the Pelican's Landing Snack Shack with excellent service from Paige.

cedarmillssignsf3.jpg

The restaurant will be awhile in rebuilding (see photos below), but we hope it will be back in service soon. Looks likes it's in for a total rebuild after soaking under water for weeks.

pelicanslandigrestauranlh1.jpg

pldetailqa8.jpg

-- so hurry back and enjoy one of the better grass runways in the Tex-Okla area.

Chris

Last edited:
Thats Right!

That's right!

The runway is grown in and in the best shape I have ever seen it.
Don C says this is one of the best places we go to.
I hope you will come back and support this great place. It deserves your continued patronage.

Thanks

Next time...

Sorry I missed you guys. The yoga instructor was out of town and I was on kid duty....oh, and my plane is down for annual. :eek:

Glad the field is usable! Thanks for the update.

b,
dr

The eastern 1/4 to 1/3 of the runway still has a lot of dirt patches and may be slightly rough.

If landing westbound, just plan to touch town about 1/3 the way down and it's plenty smooth from there all the way to the western run-up area.

Beware of the flies at the sandwich shack. (Though it is an outdoors picnic environment, duh.) As soon as we were served our sandwiches, several dozens of squadrons of the most fearless and fiercest flies on the planet suddenly descended upon our table from out of nowhere! Eat fast or they'll try to carry your meal away.

PS: Nice photo showing N621RT in the foreground! That was the 2nd day in a row that N621RT was at 3T0.

Back