What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-3 nose art

Gene Wilkie

I'm New Here
All right guys, I'm disappointed. I appreciate the positive input I've had with the open cockpit RV-3, but no one, nope, not ONE person has asked about the nose art, the 1* on the front. It's not just there cause it needed some more red and black, read it aloud guys, and THEN, remember that this is a single seat airplane. Get it? Maybe it's a little obscure. It was on a P-51 in the big war, but he had "MY*" on there, not "1". NOW you got it. OK, it's not all that funny, but it's a subtle message. The only problem I have with this plane is that when I fly it, my waist hurts. Looking over the edge of that cockpit surround, my left hand just keeps on tightening that seat belt.
Thanks for the kind words, what Greg said about me even impressed ME about me. Gene

Pics of the RV-3 in question:

14b.jpg

14a.jpg

14c.jpg

14d.jpg
14g.jpg

Hi Gene,

I'll be in Honolulu on Dec 4/07 for a couple of weeks; I'd sure like to have a close look at this beauty! Hoping to meet you and your -3 then...

Brian

Gene Wilkie said:
All right guys, I'm disappointed. I appreciate the positive input I've had with the open cockpit RV-3, but no one, nope, not ONE person has asked about the nose art, the 1* on the front....

And here I thought you were from Texas... :rolleyes:

Back