What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Who sells Sherwin-Williams GBP-988 in Canada?

rv8eh

Well Known Member
I'd like to buy a can of GBP-988 to try, but have been unable to find a local source. Who in Canada sells Sherwin-Williams GBP-988?

[EDIT] Autobody Specialties carries it for $10.xx CDN per can.

Last edited:
Are there NAPA auto parts store up there in Canada? If so, from what I have read, NAPA 7220 primer is the same as S/W GBP-988. I have used both and can't tell the difference.

napa 7220

Sorry to say this but, NAPA 7220 is not in Napa's Canadian data base. I picked up mine in Washington State NAPA 7220 is packaged by Martin Seynor.

Can I just ship you some?

How many cans do you need? I don't know how the whole customs thing works, but I'd be happy to ship you a few cans if it's not illegal. I bought a dozen cans and I can readily get more locally.

Canadian primer supply

Hey Howard. I had some trouble tracking it down in Canada too. Go to the Sherwin Williams web site, go on international store locator and punch in your area. They will give you a list of the local suppliers. There were none close to me, but there were autobody shops that showed up on their lists. I called a couple and one was more than willing to get me a case. They didnt stock it but drop shipped it right to my shop so i had it within 48 hours at no cost to ship. The first case was $9.95 a can. The next case i just called the same place, asked them to ship me another case and poof a 12 pack shows up instead of 6, and the price jumped from $9.95 a can to $13.95 OUCH. So, you should have no trouble getting it, but ensure you know the price early and just get a case now...you will use it all. As for the napa stores, i believe they all got bought out by a bigger chain called UAP, they are still around and could likely get you the paint if in fact it is the same or close enough.
I have a friend in saskatoon with a mooney. My mom comes from Moose Jaw...good folks out there. Enjoy the build.

Back