What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BMA EFIS Lite Plus

jacksel

Well Known Member
I recently installed the BMA EFIS Lite Plus (Gen 4) and autopilot in my RV-6. They both work as advertised except the EFIS has had occasional problems. A couple of times the buttons have frozen and a couple of times the attitude reference went bad (ADI began rolling on it's own for no apparent reason). In each case resetting restored the unit. BMA has said the button problem is probably software and the attitude problem is probably hardware. Has anyone else had problems with these units?

jacksel

Yes,

They will sometimes hang. If you don't have a switch to cut power to the EFIS, you need to install one, so that you can reboot it. I have both the Sport G2 and Lite G3. I have needed to reboot both in flight, but not often.
The AP is a different story. Although it works correctly when being guided by the EFIS/internal GPS, it does not work correctly when hooked to external radios. IE I can't follow a flight plan from my GNS430.

Kent

Back