What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tip: AOA Sport Mount

Rick6a

Well Known Member
I knew from the get go that I want the AOA Sport be mounted atop the glareshield in the -8 instead of in the instrument panel as located in my -6A.

For days, I puzzled over an appropriate mount to house it in and came up this ridiculously easy idea when I thought about a spare C-677 REAR PIN MOUNT ($2.73) retrieved from a parts drawer. The AOA light assembly fits inside it perfectly. :)

aoa0110xq4.jpg
aoa0210kf8.jpg
aoa0310fw8.jpg

aoa00215sl5.jpg

A small piece of angle stock and a #6 nutplate...all attached with 1097AD3 rivets completes the assembly. A small snap bushing (SB312-3) through the glareshield and out of view (just forward of the mount) routes the ribbon cable.

Last edited:
That looks great Rick - I played around with trying to make one that was embedded in the glareshield and reflected in the windshield, but I kept getting double-reflections and kind of lost interest - I'm going to file this tip of yours away - one of these days, it would be fun to have the AOA...

That is a simple solution Rick! Here's my more complicated solution... Works fine, but involved sanding! :)

2007-02-04_11-30-20.jpg

Back