What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin SL-30

Brambo

Well Known Member
While fiddling with the SL-30 mount to see how it will fit in the instrument panel, the two antenna coax cables both slipped out of their place. I can slip them both back in easily enough, but it seems to me these should be attached more securely. I took the little 90 degree attachment apart to see how it works but it looks like the best you can do is slip the cables into place. Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes?

Bill Rambo
RV-7A

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're talking about the two 90-degree connectors on the back of the radio? You should pull off the little screw cap that gives you visibility into the elbow and solder the center conductor to the little tabs inside there. Is that what you're looking for?

SL30 Right Angle Connectors

I noted a similar problem with these connectors. It turned out they were not properly assembled. In my case the coax cable was loose and could be rotated in the connecor . They problem was with the dressing of the coax shield to the connector. I reassembled the shild taking care to slip the shield braid over the connector and then tighten the assembly together. I have pictures and when they are found will post them.

Starbird.

Back