What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Video walk around of the RV-12 at Arlington

New Canopy?

Nice walk around! Looks to me like they have the one-piece canopy installed, and the shape appears (at least to my eyes) to be a little bit more pleasing.

Paul

Thanks Doug

Doug,
Thanks for the Walk Around!
I felt like I was there.
Looks very nice.
Can't wait to see more at Oshkosh.

No wing tanks

Tank is in th baggage area. The Van's employee told me there were no plans to add a wing tank option and this would impede the removable wing feature.

Purely personally I would want a wing tank option and preserve the baggage area for stuff.

Looks cute though.

I see they had the Glassair 2003 OSH winner next door...Oh my! is it well put together. I see thay used a rearward induction on the motor with the injection servo remote mounted and a fresh air duct molded down the side of the lower cowl...Gives all sorts of room for alternate air source etc.

The cooling air intakes are tiny for a 540 engine, even allowing for the fact the oil cooler has its own fresh air source...al la AJ..

Frank

RV 12

Twelve looks good. According to Van's there will be no demo rides and they will not be taking any orders at Oshkosh. I had hope to place an order for Tail Kit. Leaving for Oshkosk today probably take me all week to get there, pit stops for wife and two dogs.
Gerry
RV-9, N92gc
Cub, NC88583

RV12... very interesting

VANS latest & greatest...
At the sake of of getting flamed, let me be the first to say..
"Nice Nosegear" .. :rolleyes:

I noticed it too

aelkins said:
VANS latest & greatest...
At the sake of of getting flamed, let me be the first to say..
"Nice Nosegear" .. :rolleyes:
I noticed the Cessna-like NG too. Wonder if they'll introduce that to the other models too.

The latest drawings of the -12 show the same spring-type nose gear that's on the regular -A models. Only time will tell what they end up going with in the final kits.

The -12 has been an interesting project for them. To me it seems that with all the other 'modern' models (-8, -9, -7 and -10) they changed very little after the prototype, but with this -12 project they are experimenting with a lot of changes (nose gear, wing design, engine selection, etc).

I suppose the -12 creates such a tight engineering problem since they are designing to a particular set of performance characteristics, instead of just building the darn airplane.

Lots of RV12 pictures

DeltaRomeo said:

Ok, I got my still pics posted up now for those that want even more details of the 12 and can't make Oshkosh.

RV12 pictures from Arlington 07

IMG_1752.JPG

Back