What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Don't Wiggle your Nose (Gear)

GAHco

Well Known Member
Heres what we can do.

For those of you who would like to put an oversize bolt on the Nose Gear after Reaming for a very close fit. ( or mains if you wish )

(Assuming a 1+1/2" od on the gear tube)

OPTION "X"
We have the NAS6605-24X, it is the first oversize bolt with a shank dia of .3266 to .3276.

This bolt has a 1 + 1/2 grip and would be ideal with just a washer under the nut, a washer under the head is should not be necessary in this application.

The recommended reamer that we stock is Part# PPRT-.3261, it will provide a slight interference fit. It is a threaded drive reamer (1/4-28) and will require an threaded angle drill or equivalent to turn it.

You could also use the chucked reamers PPR-.3261 or the longer PPRL-.3261, these are to be driven with a quality air drill having a standard chuck. If yours wobbles don't use it for this.

On these items the cost is not cheap, but a very sound method of repair when done correctly.

I do however have some help on :) OPTION Y

We have the NAS6605-27Y, it is the SECOND oversize bolt with a shank dia. of .3422 to .3432.

This bolt has a 1 + 11/16 grip and would work with a washer under the head and a couple under the nut.

If anyone knows of a part # for oversize washers for this tell me, or you will need to figure something out.

The recommended reamer that we stock is Part# PPRT-.3417, it will provide a slight interference fit. It is a threaded drive reamer (1/4-28) and will require an threaded angle drill or equivalent to turn it.

You could also use the chucked reamers PPR-.3417 or the longer PPRL-.3417, these are to be driven with a quality air drill having a standard chuck. If yours wobbles don't use it for this.

For this I came into a significant amount of NAS6605-27Y bolts at a reasonable price. (they overshipped and told me to keep them)

The promotion is that if you buy the PPRT-.3417 reamer, I will give you a discount so that you would get one of the NAS6605-27Y bolts for free.

In the shopping cart of our webstore add the promotion code in (VAFNGF)and then press apply promotion.

If you ordered one of the bolts you will see the discount go to 100%, if you ordered more it will calculate the discount so one of them did not cost anything.

Sorry I am not able to do it on the X bolts.

If your holes are not too bad I do suggest going with option X, even though it will cost you a few dollars more. You can always go with option Y later. :rolleyes:

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Back