What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sensenich prop performance

speyers

Well Known Member
Looking for some reviews and performance numbers from the Sensenich 72FM prop in the 80-88 inch pitch range. This is the prop used with the 0-360 engine. Have been looking at the options and think a good compromise is a fixed pitch metal prop. Would like some performance numbers from fliers out there and also a brief summary of maintenance needed.
I know VAN's recomends the 85 inch pitch for the 0-360 on a RV-8. This is what I am planning on going with unless others have different reviews. Saw one builder with a -8 that was using a 88 inch pitch. Would like to know the top cruise speed on that machine and also the Take off RPM, I am sure it must be fairly low.

-David
RV-8 wings in progress

speyers said:
Looking for some reviews and performance numbers from the Sensenich 72FM prop in the 80-88 inch pitch range. This is the prop used with the 0-360 engine. Have been looking at the options and think a good compromise is a fixed pitch metal prop. Would like some performance numbers from fliers out there

On my RV-6A I have the 85 inch prop on an IO-360-B2B (180 hp). I get about 2200 rpm static. Top speeds I have seen (in level flight) are around 185 KIAS at 2750 rpm (both over red line).

Back